Your trusted data centre partner
Protecting data & delivering business-as-usual, since 2002
At MIGSOLV we provide the most flexible data centre service in the UK.
We deliver the world-class Gatehouse data centre in Norwich, Norfolk. Purpose built and renovated at a cost of £12 million, it allows businesses of any size to benefit from:
- 24/7 protection of their data, whatever happens
- 24/7 physical and virtual access to their IT equipment
- 24/7 expert customer support and a dedicated client portal
Our customers range from international IT leaders to local small businesses. By colocating their IT within The Gatehouse data centre, businesses large and small can:
- Mitigate the threat of terrorism, natural disaster, power loss, disruption or office moves
- Free up space currently used to store their servers
- Reduce energy costs running and cooling IT hardware and prolong its life
- Increase and demonstrate their business resilience to customers
In this section
Migration Solutions Ltd was established as the only consultancy in the UK specialising in establishing and managing data centres.
We rapidly grew to become global experts in data centre strategy, standards and operations. We also directly managed a number of data centres on behalf of major international blue-chip and IT brands.
In 2010, we bought The Gatehouse data centre in Norwich, Norfolk.
The Gatehouse was originally purpose-built by Norwich Union (now Aviva) as its own data centre. It features two data centre buildings on a nine-acre site, surrounded by sufficient space for excellent physical security. Its Norwich location is especially low risk and far from the threat of flooding or metropolitan terrorism. Just a few hours from London or Birmingham, it is easily accessible from across the UK.
A £12 million renovation was completed on The Gatehouse. Stripped to its bare walls and completely redesigned, it was transformed into the most secure world-class data centre in the UK. It features:
- Two buildings separated by a bomb blast mound
- 3m high security fence & 24/7 security guards
- Extensive CCTV & microwave intruder detection
- Proximity card access & biometric iris scanning
- State-of-the-art fire detection & protection systems
- Instantaneous power and 3 backup generators with fuel for 8 days electricity
- Two sets of power delivery infrastructure
- ‘Free cooling’ air conditioning and humidity control
- ‘N+1’ backup of all critical systems
2017 & Beyond
As well as colocation services (housing business’s own servers and IT equipment), we’ve expanded to offer a range of other services.
Our cloud and hybrid services allow organisations to reduce costs and find the perfect solution for their data storage and protection.
MIGSOLV is now one of just two UK commercial providers of access to the Janet Network, giving digital service providers access to over 18 million government, education and research users.